Monday, October 17, 2011

Past vs. Current Products

In the begining of my transition, I had very few products but as I went along I purchased more products. Now due to my budget, I promised myself that I would buy 1 or 2 new products or accesories a month. Boy did I broke that promise! LOL

He's my past products for September 2011:

Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo

Organic Root Stiumlator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner

Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream- as a leave in conditioner

Organic Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise- for cowash

Grapeseed Oil as a  moisture sealant

Coconut Oil - as a moisturizer and sealant

Ecostyler Olive Oil Styling Gel

Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel- for twists and twist outs


I changed a few of the products due to the dryness of my hair and my dissatisfaction with them. For example, I changed the shampoo because the second week it dried out my hair extremely. I also changed the Organic Olive Oil Hair Mayonnaise due to the mineral oil.

Half way through September 2011: I ran out of deep conditioner and due to my promise to myself, I did not buy a new shampoo but tried a no poo

New Poo recipee:

1tablespoon of baking soda

1 cup of water

Mix and apply to hair, massage for 1 min and rinse out immediately. MUST CONDITION AFTERWARDS!!!!

In replacement of the conditioner I tried two mixtures:

Attempt 1: The protein conditioner

1 egg

Mayo

Oils

Conditioner( Suave)

Mix, Apply, Detangle hair, do deep conditioning process and rinse

Attempt 2:The oil conditioner

Oils( coconut oil, vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil and EVOO)

Conditioner(Suave)

Organic Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak( for extra condtioning)

Mix, Apply, Detangle, do deeo conditioning process and rinse

I will leave a post dicusssin my thoughts/review on those conditions

My Current Products: October 2011

Giovani 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Clarifying Shampoo- Sulfate Free and Organic

New Oils- Tea tree, Vitamin E,  and Jojoba Oil

Unrefined Shea Butter for shea butter mixture

New shampoo comb

New clamps

Banana Clips

I'm loving the new products and accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment