Thursday, August 30, 2012

1st Attempt at Loose Two Strand Twists

As I'm getting deeper into my transition, which will be a year on September 1st, I'm more tempted to try more "natural hairstyles". Such as two strand twists, twist outs, wash and go's and ect ect. So inspired by Alicia James from http://aliciajames.wordpress.com/ and the youtube channel, AliciaJamesmusic. Alicia James has been natural for 4 years and has gorgeous long natural hair and with the loose two strand twists, her hair is absolutely GORGEOUS!! There's such volume and length and its as versatile as regular two strand twists.
So what are loose two strand twists? They're exactly what they say they are; two strand twists that are twisted loosely. Below I'll show you a lil picample( examples through pictures) that will described how they're done and my results. It's best to try this style on stretched or blow dried hair; I did mines on blow dried hair, which I would document another time. So lets begin on the picample!!


 Place stretched/ blow dried hair in sections...
 
 
Section out a piece for the two strand twist...
                                                         
 Separate the piece into two ...
 
 
Twist the beginning tautly, not too tight( about 5 times)...

 
 
Then loosely twist the remainder..
 
 
 
End the twist tautly just like the beginning...

 
 
 
And there you have the loose two strand twists...

 
This took me approx. 2 hours, a fairly quick process. It adds so much volume! It simply imitates locs or/and kinky twists and can be styles the same as regular two strand twists, locs, or kinky twists.
The best part about it is  you can take them out, style as a twist out for couple days, wash and re twist again in less than 2 hrs( depending on hair type/ length) I am in love with this and will post the different styles I 'll try in the future




No comments:

Post a Comment